ayurvedic diet guidelines
Eating is the most important activity we engage in for determining the health of the body and the mind. Eating nourishes the tissues, which in turn nourish the mind and emotions. It is essential to bring positive attention and reverence to the process of food selection, preparation, consumption, and digestion. Ideally, meals should be enjoyed in a state of mental, emotional, and physical serenity.
How you eat is even more important than what you eat. Here are some general eating guidelines everyone can follow. These tips may seem deceptively simple but they are very powerful for supporting healthy digestion:
- Take a moment to bless your food before you eat.
- Chew your food completely.
- Eat without distraction in a calm environment.
- Eat until you are 75% full.
- Stay seated and rest after eating followed by a relaxing walk to ensure good digestion.
BOOKS WE RECOMMEND
For more information on Ayurvedic diet, cooking and recipes, we recommend the following books: